May 2007

was this supposed to be a trap for religious people. beacause i dont care what youre american politician thinks im british where freedom actually exists not like youre illusion in america. and as for my mother she knows im an athiest and shes an athiest two. as for the pope why would i care if that wanker knows im athiest, is he going to announce me as a heathen. if so im glad, religion causes nothing but suffering. one last thing are you religious. and also too all americans speak properly. its colour not color and doughnuts not donuts. fat shits.

Posted on May 28, 2007 at 9:57 pm by ideclare · Permalink
In: Odd

1. Written by Alex
    on May 31, 2007 at 5:12 pm

Please don’t shame Britain like this. Americans may spell differently to us but I think you’ll find you’re also supposed to capitalise the start of sentences and I when you are referring to yourself. Also you seem to mean your, I’m, your again, she’s, too, I’m again, a question mark after heathen, and again after religious and to. Telling Americans to speak properly does not hold much water when you don’t seem to have mastered your own language.

2. Written by Kitt
    on September 8, 2008 at 12:44 am

Couple of coconuts short of a bunch…

3. Written by theblackbook
    on September 2, 2009 at 7:19 am

I feel bad that Britain is being represented by this person. “one last thing you are religious”… he/she does realize the site he/she’s posting on, right? “i dont care what youre american politician thinks”… what polititian would this be? Do you mean Obama? I don’t think you’ve read up on his policies, considering the literary mastery you seem to display… Very organized thoughts. Finesse defined.

on May 6, 2010 at 10:38 am

it is colour in britain not in america.
    just like theatre in french and theater in america.
    ignorant fool.

5. Written by Captain Atheism
    on August 4, 2010 at 7:07 am

As a british citizen all I could do was shake my head. Better luck in their next life eh? Or not! *Kerching*

Regards,
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Atheist.

6. Written by Akane
    on May 14, 2011 at 10:05 am

I’m British, and I hate it when people (as Alex said so perfectly) shame our country like this.

I mean, there is and always will be a who’s-country-is-the-awesomest competition. But it’s just like the who’s-religion-is-the-awesomest competition which I feel confident in saying that the general population of this website dislikes. It’s pointless and stupid because instead of using logical arguments people it tends to end up being ‘who’s the most stubborn and loyal to what they think’ rather than an actual reasoned discussion.

And maybe Americans can be a little stuck-up and yes, they spell wrong.

But that isn’t any reason to lord it over them. And if you are criticising Americans for spelling wrong, first you have to spell correctly yourself and have some concept of what grammar is. This really, really annoys me. Perhaps I am somewhat a grammar freak, but I hate incorrect grammar. The English language is beautiful, and nobody should abuse it, but nobody.

So essentially, if you think Britain beats America hands down, believe away. You have a right to believe that and it’s called patriotism, and I myself am a patriot and love my country. But loving your country doesn’t mean you have to put others down- or spell badly.