Hate Mail

You need to address the many lies you made. These are just the ones I caught.

You read the Bible. Nobody whose read the Bible could hate God as much as you do. The Bible is filled with God’s love.

You are interested in discussing. You dismiss Jesus without even considering Him.

You are moral. You cannot be moral because you don’t follow the ten Commandments.

The Universe can exist without a creator. That is an obvious lie.

Evolution happened. Nobody with any sense believes that any more.

It’s all so transparent. You think you are pulling the woll over the Lamb’s eves but He can see!

I get the impression that you’re not really interested in a reply, but I’m going to answer your accusations anyway.

1) I’ve read the bible in whole three times in different translations, and I’ve read sections of it repeatedly. I’ve also read dozens of books — most of them by theists — about the Bible.

2) I am interested in intelligent discussion. I was raised Christian, so I certainly spent a long time believing in Jesus. I have considered a variety of points of view regarding Jesus in great depth and don’t “dismiss” him at all.

3) It’s true that I don’t follow the commandments that cannot be followed by an atheist. As for the rest, I think I do as well as most Christians and better than some. Even so, I don’t consider the Ten Commandments to be a good measure of morality.

4) I don’t think it’s obvious that the universe must have a creator.

5) Now you’re just being silly. Evolution is a very well established scientific theory.

If you’d like to discuss any of this in detail, you know how to get a hold of me.

Posted on November 5, 2007 at 10:39 pm by ideclare · Permalink
In: Hate mail

1. Written by Mytho
    on April 20, 2008 at 9:46 pm

the bible is full of god’s love?

lol

Ok, tell that to the kids that were eaten by bears after mocking a bald prophet ><

2. Written by Andrew
    on August 14, 2008 at 10:47 am

Response to the bible is full of God’s Love

how about when God “hurled down rocks from the heavens”
    haha classic…

3. Written by charity
    on September 15, 2008 at 8:05 pm

or http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm all the murder, gore, baby killing, raping stuff right there. Example Isaiah 13:16 16 “Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes;
    their houses will be looted and their wives ravished.”
    Is there ever an offense so horrendous that babies should be killed for it, and wives raped?

4. Written by charity
    on September 15, 2008 at 8:30 pm

Oh, and Jesus said this one himself Mark.7:9-13 “Whoever curses father or mother shall die” (Mark 7:10 NAB) Now take a quick peek at “parents behaving badly” and after you read the cannibal section…yes, I said “cannibal”,and repeat that scripture to yourself, now ask yourself if these kids should die for cursing and hating their parents.As a survivor of horrific “parenting” I can say that if these parents get “cursed” by their children than that is the least “transgression” these kids could do towards them. And I think any feeling human being wouldn’t begrudge them that, so why would “God”?

5. Written by Areta
    on July 2, 2011 at 8:56 pm

I am 15, live in the Bible Belt, and have read the Bible several times, along with all the ridiculous books my mother has forced on me; yet, I share the same views as this (wo)man. And it is possible to be moral without the Ten Commandments. Is burning down an abortion clinic or making homo- and bisexuals want to kill themselves moral? And we have morals without the threat of Hell or someone looking over our shoulders. As for the ridiculous statement ‘Nobody with any sense believes that any more.':There are even Christians who believe in evolution. It’s called Theistic Evolution, Google it.
    Are we not allowed to have our own opinions? Let it be and find comfort in your belief that we are going to be horrifically tortured in the deep, burning fires of Hell.
    Also, the Grammar Nazi within me is compelling me to correct you:
    “Nobody whose read” should be ‘Nobody who’s read’.
    And pray tell: What is “woll”? Could you perhaps have meant ‘wool’?