Hate mail: Suicide

Was the person who wrote to you that they were going to commit suicide an atheist? Probably. If I was an atheist I’d want to kill myself. It would make the world better if all atheists went ahead and did it too

The person who wrote to me was not an atheist. In any case, your ignorant comment doesn’t help the matter.

Posted on February 27, 2008 at 3:49 pm by ideclare · Permalink
In: Hate mail

1. Written by Erik
    on February 29, 2008 at 3:14 am

To ignore this blatant ignorance, in my opinion, would be doing this person a grave injustice. If this person was slightly more educated on the topic of the insult that they are so quick to babble about with such disdain, there might be a little less hostility toward atheists. For instance, let’s say you’re a Christian, this makes you a monotheist, you believe in only one god. If this is true, then it’s safe to say that you don’t believe in Zeus, Allah, or any other deities. You may want to sit down before you read any further, are you sitting? I wish I didn’t have to be the one to tell you this but because you don’t believe in those deities, YOU YOURSELF ARE AN ATHEIST in respect to every god that you don’t believe in… Perhaps now, with some decency and maybe a glass of water you’ll swallow your pride and recant this comically ironic comment…. or if that’s too hard, you can at least honor your words and kill yourself, you know, to make the world a better place ;D

2. Written by charity
    on September 15, 2008 at 7:29 pm

Ha! Great way to ward off suicidal ideation, BECOME A CHRISTIAN LOL! It sounds kind of empty to me…but to each their own lol.

3. Written by Dream
    on December 16, 2008 at 8:08 pm

Okay, first of all, NO SOUL SHOULD EVER TELL ANOTHER ONE TO GO AND COMMIT SUICIDE. I’m sorry, but that’s just not right. I’m an athiest, so I don’t know about what the bible says about this, but I believe it should be a GIVEN whether you’re religious or not that Suicide is the ULTIMATE SIN. Come on, taking your own life? I thought you christians were above that. If God is exists at all, I don’t think he’d want anyone to take thier own singl precious life away.

4. Written by Robyn
    on March 15, 2009 at 11:42 am

Jeez, what happend to ‘love thy neighbour’

5. Written by Louie the 13th
    on May 15, 2009 at 1:02 pm

The thing that bothers me is that atheists rarely if ever unless they are getting involved in the wrong kind of activity threaten a Christian or wish that they would die, they(we) just choose to believe differently from Christians and the like because there’s just so much evidence to believe otherwise. The question is, why do more and more Christians pray for us all do die because we do not follow their faith? Are they afraid that they know deep inside themselves that we are right? I think in general, atheists have a stronger argument due to the fact we have physical proof to back up our arguments, where as all Christians seem to have is anger and brainwashing tools.

6. Written by J
    on September 7, 2009 at 9:05 pm

and on that note isnt the burden of proof on the ones making the claim? I say god doesn’t exist because it seems like the most logical choice. While there is very little evidence for god argument there are quite a few things attributed to god that do have a rational explanation, and for(not necessarily everyone) this tips the scales for me away from god. Show me some proof and i will gladly do a 180.

7. Written by crickets
    on September 14, 2010 at 12:03 pm

it always confuses me how christians will on one hand claim that atheists just deny god to live a wild, carefree, hedonistic life without consequences… and then on the other hand claim that we’re all depressive, monotonous, coldhearted machines without joy or meaning in our lives.

make up your mind!