“I hate all religions”

I hate all religions. I was born in Iran and spent 27 years in there. When I was student of Medicine in Tehran University, I always preached Atheism. I am specialized in “Anti-Islam !! The stupid, pedophile, and epileptic Muhammad copied Christianity and Judaism and created his own damn religion. I also went to church for one whole year and have read the bible for 2 times. I am also familiar with Mormon (I ve got their book [translation to Farsi!!] and read it). They are all the same.

I immigrated to Canada, only because I couldn t stand religious people (Muslims). I hated their every action. I hated their religious comments.

I wish you luck!

It sounds like you have had very bad experiences with religious people, and you have my sympathy.

Although I am an atheist, I don’t hate religion in general any more than I hate any other belief that I consider incorrect. I certainly do see some forms of religion and religious practice as eminently hateable, though. These include any religions that preach hate or intolerance. I also can certainly think of a number of specific religious leaders that are worth hating — particularly those who are hypocrites or are using religious thinking to control others for their own gain. And then there are religious individuals who use religion like a club to attack those they disagree with — also eminently hateable.

But among all this there are some individuals with sincere, rationally arrived at, religious beliefs who try to live good lives and make the world a better place. Although I think that their philosophy is ultimately incorrect, I do not hate them or their beliefs. Too bad that not all religious people are like that.

Posted on February 28, 2008 at 3:47 pm by ideclare · Permalink
In: Anti-religion

1. Written by Slippy Lane
    on February 29, 2008 at 3:57 pm

Unwilling convert indeed. No atheist, me.

I’m an absentiatheist – I believe, with every fibre of my being, in the ABSENCE of any Supreme Entity. I don’t hold that God doesn’t exist, and nor do I accept that God does exist. My concept is more about articulating this fact: If there IS a God, he’s out to Lunch. Now, if a “Biblical Day” is in fact a unit of time measuring between one and one-hundred-million-million years, then “Lunch” could conceivably be the duration of the human race upon this planet.

Keep on spreading the lack of the good word!

2. Written by kati
    on February 29, 2008 at 4:02 pm

I WAS STUMBLING THROUGH WEBSITES AND FOUND THIS ONE, NOW THAT I AM AN ATHIEST (BECAUSE THE SITE SAID SO ) I FIGURED I SHOULD LEAVE A MESSAGE TO SHARE. I CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO THE FEELINGS ABOUT RELIGION,ITS ALL MAN MADE EACH AND EVERYONE THAT I HAVE READ ABOUT ,STUDIED OR PRACTICED. ALTHOUGH I TRULY DO NOT CONSIDER MY SELF TO BE ATHIEST, I AM DEFINATELY NOT INTO RELIGION I GREW UP IN AN EXTREMELY STRICT RELIGIOUS ENVIROMENT, WITH PRIVATE SCHOOLS AND DEALT WITH ALOT OF SUPERFICIAL ATTITUDES ABOUT LOOKING GOOD AND KNOCKING DOWN OTHERS WHO DIDNT LOOK THE PART ,NEVER MIND WHATS ON THE INSIDE THAT COUNTS. WHEN I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL, FINALLY OUT OF THE PRIVATE SCHOOL THAT WAS MINE PRISON FOR 9 YEARS I FOUND ACCEPTANCE AND FRIENDSHIP AND EVEN LOVE FROM PEOPLE FROM ALL DIFFERENT RELIGIOUS BACKGROUNDS . SO WHAT DOES THAT TELL ME? THE WAY I WAS BROUGHT UP WAS SO NARROWMINDED AND UNFORTUNATELY, ALOT OF MY FAMILY STILL FEEL THAT WAY THAT IF YOU ARE NOT OF A CERTAIN RELIGION THEN YOU CANT GO TO HEAVEN. IT WAS EXTREMELY CONFINING TO BE BROUGHT UP THAT WAY. IN THIS DAY AND AGE , I HAVE GROWN PAST ALL THAT I DO HAVE FAITH OF SOME KIND AND I ALSO HAVE CHILDREN OF MY OWN WHICH I ALLOW TO WORSHIP WHAT EVER RELIGION THEY WILL CHOOSE . I WILL NOT FORCE MY CHILDREN TO ANY SORT OF RELIGIOUS CHOICE AND IF THEY CHOOSE TO PRACTICE , HEY THIS IS AMERICA,RIGHT? SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY I DO RECALL SOMETHING ABOUT HAVING FREEDOM OF RELIGION …. ANYWAYS JUST BE GOOD , BE YOURSELF, AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS WELL AS YOUR ENEMY.THANKS

3. Written by Roto13
    on March 2, 2008 at 2:58 pm

Capslock is cruse control for cool.

*ahem*

See, this is the way atheists should try to be. There are too many militant atheists out there who hate everyone who even entertains the notion that there may be a god out there somewhere. That’s no better than being a crazy bible-thumper.

I once saw a bumper sticker on a website that said “Honk if your religion makes you an asshole.” I was thinking “What do you do if your lack of a religion has the same effect?”

4. Written by Just Me
    on April 10, 2008 at 2:53 pm

I agree with Roto13. I and my husband are atheists, although I do however believe in reincarnation (long story)my husband doesn’t.
    I feel that religion has gone the way of racism (or vice-versa however you look at it) but to extremes in most places. It ends up hurting people instead of helping them it brings the bigots out of the works (like racism). I have often said to my husband that I thought we in the US were supposed to have freedom of religion, in a way though people are weighed down by most of the Christians over here. In the Middle East it’s the Muslims. If your views conflict with their’s all heck breaks loose and the try to convert you when that fails they try to drag your name through the mud your name in the end gets tarnished or much worse may happen to you. Now the Atheists who have been rubbed the wrong way many many times by these people in turn start acting like them after a while, maybe they didn’t intend to but they do. I’ve seen this, read, and heard this happen to many people when racism and religion (not only those two but basically anyone who is different from a certain group)is involved after a while you start to get rubbed the wrong way, you end up acting and having bigoted views just like your antagonist. And thus starts the cycle or an endless horrible situation.

The world has always been like this look into your history. No one has ever really tried to stop it since those who did had already turned for the worse before trying to stop it. It’s a sad realization that I have come to about this world we can’t seem to get away from the train of thought of “Oooooh so and so is different lets hurt him/her”, we really need to put a stop to the nonsense it’s really hurting all of us in the end. No one is better then anyone else in this world, we all have to live with one another so why can’t we just all get along as best as we can?

5. Written by Joseph
    on February 7, 2009 at 12:19 am

I think that we should fight those that are religious. First we need a name for ourselves beyond athiest. Such as (eq. of religion)-ist. I also think that the rune, Jera, should be used as a symbol of supreme hatred. Look it up on Google images or something like it. Then i think we should work on EXTERMINATING them. First the Mormons, then the Scientologists, Catholics, Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindu, and finally Buddhists. If there is anything i am missing, place it accordingly.

6. Written by Joseph
    on February 24, 2009 at 4:17 pm

I am back to say that I think that the people here (I really like them) should see the movie Religulous. Its very funny and brings up some good points. Oh, and i still think we need a bad-ass name for the supreme hatred of religion. Sorry to Just Me on that. Check this website out for a picture of my proposed symbol for Atheism and hatred of religion.

7. Written by Windstorm
    on March 25, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Just because someone has had a bad experience with religion(Bible-thumpers, radical Muslims, perverted of male priests etc.) doesn’t mean that they ALL should be exterminated because there are truly peaceful religions also.

Source: Atheist

8. Written by Daniel
    on July 20, 2010 at 12:03 pm

like Buddhism (I think that’s how you spell it)! One of the few religions to truly resist the corruption that has befowled so many.

9. Written by Live
    on July 23, 2010 at 2:07 am

Respect has to be given to you for speaking out and more esepcially deciding to escape from the madness. From what i’ve read a vast majority of muslims can be quite dangerous, i can’t imagine the reception they would give provided somebody told them that they no longer wanted to be a part of their beliefs, these folks will force their nonsense on others and will completely refuse to hear anyone else’s story. Again, commendable efforts, good man!

10. Written by Troy Copeland
    on April 10, 2013 at 7:01 am

I beleive in God but do not beleive in any relegion. Relegion is all man made to gain control of people and wealth. Relegion is the ROOT of our problems.

Christians = Crusades Killing