Why not be against Satan?

okay, i’ll bite. so you know my name and so when you say “I” who are you? for whatever the reason i thought i would just look up a site about atheist and you popped up so i started reading what you wrote. i have to tell you you are very sarcastic which i am sure you enjoy me telling you that. but i have to tell you something. whether you believe in God, or you are an atheist or Agnostic yes you are headed to the same place. only through Jesus is eternal life there i said that terrible word that offends every man. so i realize that you have heard all the arguments and so forth so nothing i can say to you will change your mind. i just had to say that there are many people taken back that you don’t believe in god ,when they don’t believe in Jesus and so therefore one day you will share each others company and no it will not be a deluxe suite overlooking the ocean. So why not be against satan? i mean why not t-shirts against satan? Is there anyone out there that is not a christian that is against satan and has started their own web site. everyone blames God for everything even christians. Noone ever says devil damn just g-damn and Jesus Christ! Nothing ever against satan. by the way i do think he said not to take His name in vain and yet we do. HIS name GOD-JESUS. he didn’t say not to take the devils name in vain. how could HE know that man would not do this? i mean this was written thousands of years ago and you know i have never heard someone take satans name in vain. so sorry to say that if the pope or mother teresea with all her good works will never make it to…. okay i am going to say His name…. Jesus if they don’t believe in Him. So why the web site and t-shirts? so you don’t believe in God. why do you feel the need to tell everyone, i mean to start this website and sell things?

Answering your questions and addressing your points…

Who am I? I’m just an atheist with a Web site and blog. Nobody special. I don’t give out my name, however, because I think that giving out personal details tends to color these conversations.

I’m really not particularly sarcastic. The non-blog part of this site may come across as sarcastic, but it’s really meant as a joke for the enjoyment of atheists. In my blog, where I discuss these issues seriously, I’m not sarcastic unless the person writing to me seems to deserve such treatment.

I agree that whether one is atheist or agnostic, we are all headed for the same place. You and I just disagree about what that place is.

Why not be against Satan? I’m not against Satan for the same reason I’m not for God. I am not convinced that either exists. For the same reason, I don’t blame God or Satan for anything. But although I am not against Satan, I am certainly against immorality and irresponsibility.

You end up by asking why I started this site. At first, the idea was just to put something funny on the Web for atheists to get a laugh out of. But then people started writing to me, and we began having interesting conversations about religion, atheism, and morality. I haven’t set out to change anyone’s mind about religious truth, but I certainly hope that I can change some people’s minds about atheism, atheists, and moral responsibility.

Thanks for writing.

Posted on August 11, 2008 at 10:48 pm by ideclare · Permalink
In: About atheism, Personal question

1. Written by Grudge
    on August 14, 2008 at 12:02 am

I don’t like to say much about this subject, though some days that changes… Something in this comment triggered a thought. This is what triggered my thought: “So why the web site and t-shirts? so you don’t believe in God. why do you feel the need to tell everyone…” And my thought is.. Why do Christians and other religious people wear WWJD shirts, or shirts with the 10 commandments or the famous “Jesus saves” shirts. The answer, because that is what they like, it is their feeling, it is their core of who they are, it is their belief. Why can’t Atheists do the same? Now I know you could argue that “Hey your an atheist you have no belief…” Not true. I believe that I’m in control of me, I am my responsibilities, I am my commitments, I am my own being. So why not? Why can’t I advertise this fact? It is who I am.

2. Written by Anon
    on August 14, 2008 at 9:26 am

“I don’t find references to Jesus or the worship of Jesus offensive. We can talk about Jesus all you like. I’ll even say good things about him.”

I heard he was a good carpenter! =D

“I haven’t necessarily heard all the arguments, and I have changed my mind about many things. If you have a compelling argument for the belief in Christianity, I’d love to hear it and I promise to seriously consider it.”

That is exactly what many people ‘forget’. I am almost positive that ever atheist will change their mind if any formidable proof can be conceived of (a) God(s) existing.

“HIS name GOD-JESUS”

Who the GOD-JESUS calls him that?

“why do you feel the need to tell everyone, i mean to start this website and sell things?”

Why does anyone do anything?

3. Written by stef van uijtregt
    on October 4, 2008 at 8:28 am

Am i an atheist?

what if you belief that there is an intelligent collective awereness? Like ants who can only function in a large group, their tiny brains communicate and cooperate so it can be conciderd as one organism and one intelligence. in what way do we differ from those ants?

Sure our lives are much more complicated but the idea of a collective is very realistic. Us humans (allmost) cannot live whitout others. In fact, wich of our actions aren’t influenced by others? right after birth we start mimicing people surrounding us. Evryone who has been to a highscool knows that’s a great part of our lives/brain.
    No (wo)man is an island.

Now you may think: so what? What i think is that the human collective is much more capable than building an anthill. stuff like people put in hypnose and realisticly remebering places they have never been; mediums knowing/predicting a lot about people they just met; all the strange ‘above natural’ stuff you hear about.

if you read the works of Ouspensky an carl gustav Jung this
    all sounds very reasonable.

and what about cooperating species. us humans were influenced by a lot of animals during evolution. I once saw baboons having dogs on national geografic channel

I think i know what the auther of the bible ment with “god”

and i believe in this ‘god’ . If you forget about all the
    creationism bullshit and such, there is a very valuble lesson in the bible.

but, am i an atheist?

please reply

by a duch boy

4. Written by Caitlin
    on February 22, 2009 at 8:55 am

Of course I believe in Jesus. The Romans kept very good records. I also believe in Charlemagne, Marie Antoinette, and Billy Joel.

I just don’t believe in God.

5. Written by Christina
    on October 1, 2009 at 10:03 am

wait wait this is my favorite part

he didn’t say not to take the devils name in vain. ***how could HE know that man would not do this?*** i mean this was written thousands of years ago and you know i have never heard someone take satans name in vain.

how could he know? um, because he’s God? doesn’t he know everything? or maybe i am misreading