God loves me

I am here to tell you that Jesus loves you. Christians are instructed to give the Good News to all…and that includes atheists.

I entered a website that said by having done so that meant that I was an atheist. I, of course, am not an atheist. I entered to tell you of God’s love for you.

Are you familiar with John 3: 16? “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

You might want to study the New Testament of the Christian faith in depth sometime–especially the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. There is a lot of love and truth to be found there.

God bless you.

I appreciate your concern on my behalf. You will, I hope, be happy to hear that I have read the Bible many times, as well as many books and magazines about the Bible. I also listen to a number of apologetics podcasts.

Posted on October 8, 2008 at 6:16 pm by ideclare · Permalink
In: Bible, Personal question

1. Written by Ian Andreas Miller
    on October 8, 2008 at 10:13 pm

“Oddly, it was after reading the Bible through for the first time that I started heading down the path to atheism.”

Good for you! I’m glad!

2. Written by Gregory
    on November 2, 2008 at 2:56 pm

I think that’s how a lot of us started down the path.

“The best cure for Christianity is to read the Bible” – Mark Twain

3. Written by Bob
    on November 5, 2008 at 5:31 pm

Let’s see are you talking about the Bible that contradicts itself too many times to count? Or the one that allows for all kinds of dispicable acts in the name of God? Hmmm…. I think I can do with out that kind of love…. Thanks for the offer though.

4. Written by shirley
    on November 12, 2008 at 10:50 pm

Apparently, this person chose to ignore and/or disrespect the fact that this website is “for discussions of religion and ethics from an atheist perspective”.

5. Written by Nick
    on November 17, 2008 at 12:09 am

Wait? What?! I thought I was going to hell for being a non-believer ??????

6. Written by trish
    on December 30, 2008 at 7:39 pm

No nick, you are going to go to Hell, cos god said that those who don’t believe in him are doomed to everlasting hell. (added grammatical effects). But then he says he will forgive you, so all you have to do, is JUST before you hit hells entrance is repent, HEYYYYYY all solved. or maybe you can do it after.. check out hell, shoot some 8 ball, visit a few pups, then when its boring n all repent and TA DA you are in heaven, where you …. um.. you sit on clouds playing the harps?

7. Written by Erin
    on January 19, 2009 at 7:33 am

Living in the bible belt, I have learned to say thank you when someone says “God Bless You.” or when they tell me that they are praying for me. Most of the time it is their attempt to be nice. However, people who insist on being polite in this manner should ask first. So, I appreciate your concern but having a degree in anthropology with an emphasis on religious studies I still see the whole illogical charade as emotional blackmail. I understand the development, the history, and the anthropological need for religion but it gives me hope that we, as a society, are progressing out of this need into an age where knowledge, love and compassion dominate on their own behalf.