Atheist my foot

Dude your a f**king idiot! I’m an atheist because there aren’t any rules, because I don’t believe in anything. You can’t put beliefs behind something centered around not beliving in s**t. I don’t belive in god and his bull***t what the f**k makes you think I’m a buy into yours? Thats right ” I’m a.”

Atheist my foot.

Have a wonderful day.

If you are an atheist because there aren’t any rules, then you are on par with a religious person who loves God because it makes him feel safe. You have faith without reason. You are a bad atheist.

You’re right that you can’t base beliefs on not believing. However, you can use reason to compose moral rules that any thoughtful, intellectually consistent person would follow. From your letter, I can see why you are unfamiliar with these rules.

I suggest you find a sound basis for your belief — or lack thereof — before you start bragging about it.

Posted on January 23, 2009 at 11:59 pm by ideclare · Permalink
In: Hate mail

1. Written by Mike
    on January 24, 2009 at 12:56 am

really?…really? thats ur argument? faith without reason? Seriously say this shit out loud to yourself and try to tell me its intelligent. I have faith in myself without reason. who needs reason? And I’m not saying theres anything wrong with your morales, they seem to be more or less a contemporary ten commandments. The point is ur trying to call it atheism, which it is not. whats the matter not enough creativity left to think up your own name?
    As for this basis for my beliefs or lack thereof…u or not king of the atheists, u dont get to make the rules.

2. Written by MrD
    on January 24, 2009 at 3:57 am

Good answer to that question, That guy sounds like a modern day Anarchist – “lets have a rule to not have any rules and do what we like”…… oh dear some people.

3. Written by Liberalady
    on January 24, 2009 at 2:58 pm

You are a poor representative for athieism. You express yourself like an uneducated religious bigot. I embrace reality and science as the basis for not believing the superstitious ramblings of organized religion. what on earth is the basis for your hostility? I feel sorry for you!
    Take some time to educate yourself if you choose to openly express yourself.

Proud to believe in reality!

4. Written by Denise
    on January 26, 2009 at 4:53 am

Wow…aside from a grammatical nightmare of a blurb, that person isn’t the most clever with his/her phrasing – and man-oh-man what a clearly unhappy person. *blink* When will people *ever* realize that being atheist isn’t about discarding or disregarding “rules”…? It’s just the acknowledgment of an absence, or a basic personal refutation of any divine being. Sigh.

5. Written by Daniel
    on January 29, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Ok, I will tell you truthfully because I have nothing but truth to share about something with you atheists at this time, and it is not to bad mouth you at all:

2 question IQ Test:

Question #1: In a nutshell, is not atheism the unbelief of a God and/or Devil?

Question #2: Do atheists not only love themselves because they do not want to believe in the God or Devil and/or in others?

If yes, on the 1st question, then please tell me at jcao303@hotmail.com who you think created everything you see, touch, love, feel, share, hear, and talk to?
    You can reply to me on this question if you believe that you sincerely have a good answer to share with me.

If no, than you are not an atheist and you can still find me at jcao303@hotmail.com

Now, if you answered yes, to the 2nd question then: please prove to me that you are God or the Devil at jcao303@hotmail.com

If no, then again, you are not an atheist and can still find me at jcao303@hotmail.com

You may slander me any name you want, I give you permission, you can love me all you want, I take and give love freely, even to atheists.

I know that atheists are extremely intelligent people, I also know however that you atheists are also hiding your hurt inside you. If you believe me that I am telling you the truth about what I said, and your feelings tell you that I am telling you the truth, then you know that I respect your heart and yet not your mind, because as an atheist, you know well that even though you may think that you think very clear on everything, your hearts hurts like pain and desire.

But I tell you the truth about Jesus Christ right now:
    Even though you feel the way you do and think the way you do, I am as a christian, inviting you to dine with me in peace to share psychological profiles no matter who you are.

And so, the invitations are now sent out to you all who read this, you are all welcome to join me in conversation as human beings in respect that I want you to come and join me at jcao303@hotmail.com

Atheists believe that christians are the enemy, anf christians believe that atheists are also the enemy.

But, I am telling you, that even enemies can love each other.

And anyone who tells you differently, is not a christian within Christ.

So, again, as a last time, I welcome you to my email address at jcao303@hotmail.com if you have any quarrels, distractions, hurt and suffering in your heart and/or mind.

Okee?

– Love Daniel

6. Written by Mike Schau
    on February 6, 2009 at 8:32 am

Good answer and good like..use reason to develop your own personal values. Like Groucho Marx said, “These are my morals. If you don’t like them, I have others”.

7. Written by ngangongimous
    on February 11, 2009 at 7:00 pm

What a dumb ass. He is an atheist for all the retarded reasons. He’s more of an anarchist if you ask me.

8. Written by mohamed
    on February 17, 2009 at 4:22 pm

man thats what i was worried about
    some of the religious loose their faith over all the wrong reasons

9. Written by Flirt
    on February 18, 2009 at 7:35 am

the truth is spoken

Remove limiting thinking

10. Written by Jonathan
    on February 18, 2009 at 6:24 pm

I’d love to debate with you sometime, no hatemail – just good solid, logical discussion. Shoot me an email if you are interested, we can put it on both of our blogs.

11. Written by ArchangelChuck
    on February 27, 2009 at 8:21 am

Only one criticism: calling someone a “bad atheist” is remarkably silly. It operates under the presumption that there is a certain criteria which makes someone a “good atheist.” There are none. Without gods, there are only good and bad people.

Why not just say that he’s a nihilistic piece of trash?

on March 4, 2009 at 10:12 pm

I disagree. If you are an atheist and your reasons for being an atheist are philosophically unsound but you pretend to represent atheism, then I’d call you a bad atheist.

• Written by Gina
        on September 10, 2010 at 11:16 pm

I disagree with both of you. The only criterion for being an atheist is the lack of belief in a deity. This is a descriptive term and has no “representative” power.

If having an explanation for that lack of belief is considered (by the considering party) to be a sign of good quality, then yes, someone without an explanation can be considered a “bad atheist”.