How prayer works
God gives blessings fairly to all his followers. He knows everything and makes sure that it is fair. If you can have a lot of people praying for you then maybe you need morepeople praying to receive God’s blessing. It’s not like American Idol and the person with the most votes wins. You just have to trust that God has a just plan.
Have we gone from “prayer is a simple subject” to ” I don’t really know how prayer works, but however it works I have faith that it’s fair”?
To give me a real firm grip on how you think prayer works, can you tell me which of the following circumstances might actually occur?
- A scientific test of the efficacy of prayer failed, but it might have succeeded if more people had been praying for the test subject.
- Richey Rich prayed for a new bicycle and got one for his birthday because it was part of God’s plan that he would get a bicycle. Tiny Tim prayed for a new bicycle and got nothing for his birthday because that was part of God’s plan.
- Amelia prayed for a raise and got one, but she would have received a raise whether or not she had prayed.
- The more a prayer glorifies God, the more likely it will be answered in the positive.
- Grandma died in the hospital. If Billy had prayed for Grandma, she would have lived.