Hate mail: Half monkeys

You my friend are an idiot.
No one ever said anyone had to
be perfect, but if evolution is
so real… Why arent there people
who are still half monkeys walking
around, and where is the more advanced
creatures after us?

Reply back with some smart ass comment
all you want, I dont shove my religion down other peoples faces, and yet you seem to be providing people with some of the silliest things I have ever heard of. I am so sorry that you have been missinformed. Although it is not as
if everything I have said you havent already heard. I dont take pity on you, even though your stature is very pathetic.

Hope you find something to live for besides finding smart little come backs that sound like something from a twelve year old. Let Me geuss what your gonna say back.. So is you face?

Sounds like you completely misunderstood the site’s “Arguments Against” page. It’s really not intended to be taken seriously. Sadly, your writing makes it rather difficult for me to take you too seriously either.

For example — half monkeys? Actually, from the perspective of DNA, humans are more than half monkey. Perhaps you should learn a bit more about evolution before lobbing ridicule.

Posted on February 11, 2010 at 10:16 am by ideclare · Permalink
In: Hate mail

1. Written by Jose Pena
    on March 6, 2010 at 7:08 pm

look, sir. We are not offending anyone and I find your comments very derogatory. Your god made me an atheit, who are you to question His wisdom?! To each his own. Believe what you believe and let me be.

2. Written by Cathasach
    on March 23, 2010 at 10:15 pm

There may not be “half monkey” people, but there are plenty of us that are 100% ape. Around 7 billion of us, in fact.

on April 4, 2010 at 6:44 pm

i would like to let everyone know, who isn’t already aware: we did not evolve from monkeys; rather, we shared a common ancestor with them. there’s a difference. according to natural selection, one would surmise that at one point in time monkeys existed and humans did not. these monkeys existed all around the world in different environments, food sources, predators, etc. So, obviously some of these environments were unsuitable for the present “monkey” and over time, they began to stand up straighter (most likely to see over tall grass), lose their hair, and gain the human features we all enjoy today. Whilst, on the other hand, some monkeys were suited fine for their environments and had no need to evolve or adapt, or they adapted in different ways, retaining a large amount of their original features. So again, humans did not evolve FROM monkeys, we shared a common ancestor, and that is why there are still monkeys

4. Written by Yo
    on July 6, 2010 at 12:43 am

He does shove his evolutionary beliefs down other people’s faces though. But I think he meant throats.
    Like I think he meant “So is YOUR face”

5. Written by Barbara
    on August 1, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Well, ignoring the language, I too have wondered the same as the hot-tempered sender. Putting aside DNA, where are the people who are in that middle evolutionary stage? Big Foot? I don’t think it’s scientifically correct to assume that everyone developed the same physical characteristics through evolution at the same time.

Then again, geologists say that in India (or, by India) there was a massive volcano that erupted and killed all but maybe 1,000 fertile human ancestors all around the world. If I remember correctly, these ancestors were settled around Pakistan (ironically – close to the blast). These few survivors are probably the reason why there are no halfies. They probably had the sense to stick together, and kept the gene pool relatively similar.

Just a thought, but I think that answers the original sender a little.

6. Written by thiswaythatway
    on August 11, 2010 at 2:21 pm

In the words of the mighty Bill Hicks when confronted by an aggrieved christian…”Then forgive me”.

I propose this should be the standard response from atheists this day forth.

7. Written by crickets
    on September 14, 2010 at 11:43 am

@barbara

where are, “the people who are in that middle evolutionary stage”?

they’re dead. they died millions of years ago.

as an exercise in comprehension: where are the people who are midway between my german ancestors of several hundred years ago and myself?